Ronin-M – Small Camera Ronin stabiliser from DJI
The Ronin has been hugely popular as an easy to use and set up Gimbal at a great price. But the regular Ronin is heavier than the MoVI with its mostly metal construction and quite large if you are just using a DSLR.
So now there is the Ronin-M. It’s lighter and designed more specifically for lighter smaller cameras such as the Sony A7S, Blackmagic Pocket or Panasonic GH4. It’s about half the weight of the full-size DJI Ronin and can support up to 8 pounds (3.6kgs) of camera package. The battery can last for up to 6 hours.
You still need to balance your camera package and have basic set-up skills of course. But if you are using a lighter smaller camera package this is a great improvement.
You will need to have an Android or IOS device (iPhone, iPad) with the DJI Assistant app installed to make system changes, and all our Ronin’s passwords are set to 000000 (in other words, 6 zeros)
Like larger DJI Ronin the Ronin-M comes with a remote control for an optional 2nd operator to pan and tilt the camera.
- Supports Cameras up to 8 Pounds (3.6kg)
- Precision of Control: ±0.02°
- Transmitter for Remote Pan/Tilt Control
- Tool-Less Balance Adjustment System
- Assistant Software for iOS and Windows
- Bluetooth Wireless Interface for Setup
- Silent Mode For Quiet Operation
- USB and PowerTap Power Outputs